Everyone could use some R&R right now. But before hopping on a flight to Greece, make sure you have everything you need to travel.
Who Can Travel:
- Dual citizens who have either a Greek passport or a Greek Identity Card
- Greek citizens who do not physically have their Greek passport or Greek ID, may apply to their district’s Consulate for a “citizenship attestation”
Only if they are:
- Spouse/party to a civil partnership/minor child of EU citizen
- Permanent resident in an EU country, including Greece
- Members of diplomatic/consular missions or international/European organizations
- Medical/nursing staff, researchers/professionals in the health sector on condition of their immediate inclusion in the Greek National Health System management
- In extreme emergency (essential business or imperative family reasons)
- In transit
What You Need:
Passenger Locator Form (PLF)
- All travelers are required to fill out the PLF at least 24 hours before entering the country
- Provide details of their point of departure, duration of stay in other countries, and the address of the main stay in Greece
PLF QR Code
Upon completing the form, travelers will receive an email confirmation.
On the day of arrival in Greece, travelers will receive a unique QR code, which must be kept on hand and presented in order to board the connecting flight, as well as upon arrival in Greece.
Failure to complete the PLF in advance may result in your airline not allowing you to board, Greek authorities banning your entry into the country, or a 500 Euro fine.
You may need proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test to board. However, this requirement may differ depending on the airline you choose. Be sure to check with your airline ahead of time.
Arrival In Greece
Upon arrival, Greek authorities will scan your QR code and may require you to take a COVID test on site.
Authorities will contact you if your test results come back positive and require you to self-isolate. Compliance is key.
- Greek Organization of Public Health
- Greek Consulate General in New York
- Passenger Locator Form
- World Health Organization
We work together with the Greek Consulate General in New York to assist with a range of legal matters including applications for dual citizenship.
212.213.8511 • email@example.com