Educating Your Children in Greece: #9 Among The Best Golden Visa Options
Among other countries, Greece secured a position within the top 10 countries in terms of the quality of education it provides. Ranking #9 by Astons global real estate experts, this reinforces their appeal to investors looking for a well-rounded package of affordability and excellent educational opportunities for their families. Astons ranked each nation based on its Education Quality Index score, resulting in the most cost-effective investment options combined with the best levels of education.
For investors seeking residency through investment, Greece offers compelling opportunities. The minimum investment requirements range from €250,000 to €500,000, making it an attractive option.
Greece has 24 universities and 16 technical universities most of which are public. The top universities are University of Crete, Athens University of Economics and Business, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University of Ioannina and University of Patras. Greece boasts of affordable tuition which is free for EU and EEA students. Courses are focused on philosophy, architecture, politics and history, and medicine.
Requirements for Greek Golden Visa
- A minimum investment of €250,000 in real estate property
- Five-year residency after which one can apply for the citizenship program
- The right to live, work and study in Greece
- The entire family is eligible
- Visa-free travel to Schengen zone
- Good quality of life
- High standards of education
- Free and equal access to the Greek Healthcare System